Welcome to Curbed LA’s pocket guide, a map of 26 essential things to do in Los Angeles. Suited for locals and visitors alike and curated by our editors, this map is updated seasonally, focusing on cultural institutions, architecture, the outdoors, and beautiful spaces.
This summer, we’re paying special attention to things to do along the water, lush parks, hikes, impressive architecture that’s open to the public, and stand-out special exhibits at our favorite museums. Our picks include well-known classics and under-the-radar spots, from the beach bike path to secret stairs in Beachwood Canyon to the Made in LA exhibit at the Hammer. If we missed any cool spots, let us know in the comments.
Looking for more ways to explore the City of Angels this summer?
- Need to cool down? These are the best hotel pools in LA.
- If you’re looking specifically for LA’s famous architecture, we’ve mapped the 20 most iconic buildings.
- Got kids in tow? Here’s a list of 26 family-friendly places and activities in LA.
- For the most classic and essential restaurants in Los Angeles, we defer to Eater LA.
- If you’re a bookworm, here’s a map guide to the haunts of legendary authors like Joan Didion and William Faulkner.