Many people think to sell a home you place an ad in the paper and wait for a person to call and buy the home…not so! If that were true, real estate professionals would be out of work.
The basic law of real estate is this: Ads don’t sell homes…people do!!
We are trying to educate sellers and the public about the tremendous changes in real estate marketing. A recent study by the national association of REALTORS® uncovered some interesting statistics about where buyers come from.
- 40% Purchased because they recognized a SALESPERSON or firm name and were serviced by them
- 20% Purchased because they saw a sale post and approved of the home’s exterior and location
- 18% Responded to an ad but eventually purchased a different home
- 7% Referred through a relocation service
- 3% Bought the home they saw advertised
- 1% Bought the home they saw at an Open House
- 3% Bought for a combination of the above reasons